In this episode we share the mic with Justin Grimes. Justin is born and raised in South Houston, Texas and he is deeply involved in real estate with multiple streams of income and a focus on mortgage notes. Join us as Justin shares his story on how he accidentally started out in real estate, what events had him take it seriously, and how he’s coming back up from failing his first deal.
Justin Grimes’s Interview Show Notes:
- 00:23 – Need help with passive real estate investments? Go to HandfordCapital.com
- 01:06 – Introducing today’s guest, Justin Grimes
- 01:44 – Accidentally starting out with a condo
- 02:12 – An unfortunate event in Justin’s family
- Justin had to take a hard look in real estate
- 04:16 – Justin’s tough decision
- A deal with a friend
- In the end, he had a dispute
- 06:12 – Lesson Justin learned: Control the alignment of interest
- 06:57 – Dealing with wholesalers
- 09:54 – Balancing a W2 income
- 10:16 – Justin’s business partner
- Handling day-to-day work
- Realizing the need for a partner
- 11:31 – What Justin could have done better in his first deal
- Doing due diligence
- Losing money on the deal
- 13:51 – Justin talks about another tough decision
- Putting his mother’s money in stocks
- 15:30 – Justin’s strategy in making tough decisions
- Get feedback from his wife
- 17:00 – Rich Dad, Poor Dad and Think And Grow Rich are Justin’s recommended books
- 18:19 – Justin spent his earnings for memories with his family
- 19:15 – The next on his buchttps://www.amazon.com/Rich-Dad-Poor-Teach-Middle/dp/1543626610ket list: Travel
- 19:47 – Connect with Justin on TheCashFlowHustle
Key Takeaways from Justin Grimes:
- Always make sure that you and your team are on the same page.
- Don’t forget about doing your due diligence in every deal you make.
- Learn to leverage your team.
Mentioned Resources by Justin Grimes:
Who are Dan & Dennae Handford? Find out by listening to episode zero where they share their journey as true, authentic serial entrepreneurs.