In this episode, we interview Dr. Alise Cortez, a speaker, consultant, coach, author, radio show podcast host, and development engagement catalyst in Dallas, Texas. Tune in as she shares her work in helping people find meaning in what they do and the tough decisions she’s faced in her journey to an entrepreneurship, including leaving a good job.
Alise Cortez’s Interview Show Notes:
- 00:22 – Introducing today’s guest, Alise Cortez
- 00:45 – Alise talks about her background
- Helping people find meaning in the work they do
- 01:58 – Her sore thumb tough decision
- Leaving her company behind after 4 years of hard work
- 03:19 – Things Alise could have done differently
- Know partnerships better
- Understand the company more
- 06:13 – A tough decision that had a positive impact
- Leaving a good job to become an entrepreneur
- A freeing experience
- 08:00 – Alise’s strategies in making tough decisions
- Running and yoga
- Getting inputs from people
- Trusting your gut
- 09:26 – Need help with passive real estate investments? Go to HandfordCapital.com
- 10:28 – Alise’s favorite technology: Nexonia and Propoza
- 11:14 – Alise’s favorite quote: “Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too…”
- 12:32 – Alise’s favorite book: Start with Why
- 13:17 – The next on her vision board: Finishing her book and getting a TED talk
- 13:58 – Connect with Alise on her website
Key Takeaways from Alise Cortez:
- Do your due diligence before getting into partnerships.
- Make sure you have a better understanding of what you’re getting yourself into.
- Don’t be afraid to take a risk.
Mentioned Resources by Alise Cortez:
Who are Dan & Dennae Handford? Find out by listening to episode zero where they share their journey as true, authentic serial entrepreneurs.