In this episode, we welcome Brie Schmidt, a real estate entrepreneur. Brie has been in real estate for 7 years and has several different businesses in this industry. With a portfolio of rental properties, a brokerage business, and involvement in spreading real estate education, Brie shares with us her current tough decision — deciding what to do next. Tune in to find out more about Brie and her resolution to this decision she’s facing.
Brie Schmidt’s Interview Show Notes:
- 00:23 – Introducing today’s guest, Brie Schmidt
- 00:46 – Brie’s different businesses
- Portfolio of rental properties
- Helping other investors through a brokerage business
- Working with real estate education
- 02:17 – A sore thumb tough decision
- Brie makes most of her decisions based on her gut
- She split rental properties to property managers
- One manager just blew up
- 04:13 – Being able to say the right things doesn’t mean a good fit
- 06:22 – A tough decision that had a good outcome
- Switching the focus of her businesses
- Letting go of the things that needs delegating
- 08:14 – Brie shares the tough decision she’s currently facing
- Selling her business
- The focus and desires change over time
- 11:39 – The strategy in making tough decisions
- Going with her gut/intuition
- Knowing all the pieces to the puzzle
- 12:59 – Want to grow your business to 7 figures? Get the 7-Figure Formula at ConsciousMillionaire.com/7FigureFormula
- 14:16 – Brie’s favorite technology: MS Excel and Google Calendar
- 14:47 – Brie’s favorite quote: I do not regret the things I’ve done but the things that I did not do
- 15:13 – Brie’s favorite books: Good to Great, The 4-Hour Workweek, The Millionaire Real Estate Agent, and The Millionaire Next Door
- 15:36 – The next on Brie’s vision board: A “chill” time
- 16:46 – Connect with Brie on SecondCity-RE.com and MidwestRESummit.com
Key Takeaways from Brie Schmidt:
- You have to know the person you’re working with.
- Learn to delegate tasks — you can’t do everything on your own.
- Don’t regret things that you did, but things that you didn’t.
Mentioned Resources by Brie Schmidt:
- Brie’s favorite books: Good to Great, The 4-Hour Workweek, The Millionaire Real Estate Agent, and The Millionaire Next Door
Who are Dan & Dennae Handford? Find out by listening to episode zero where they share their journey as true, authentic serial entrepreneurs.